Saturday, June 27, 2015

Lean Cuisine's #WeighThis campaign

I am writing this for my daughter.

I have a wonderful daughter who is spunky, is independent, loves all things outdoors, and is all around proud to be a tomboy kind of girl. But I've noticed a change in her in the last two years. As she grows older, she talks about weights, about fatty foods, about being skinny vs. being fat, etc., and I don't know where she's getting this message. And she doesn't have a weight problem.


We've never owned a scale. We eat until we're full. Dessert is her favorite part of a meal. But it takes her a long time to finish dinner. It's always been this way, so it's not something new. But, I was still concerned about it enough to keep my eyes peeled for some positive messages, and I came across this one. And it sends a GREAT message.





Women come into a stark room with a scale prominently standing in the middle of the room. They are asked - what do you weigh? The confronting question makes some of the timid, hesitant, anxious, etc. Then they are asked of their greatest accomplishment. They talk about making the deans list, going back to college at 55, having a happy marriage, raising kids, etc. After that, they are asked to weigh what matters to them. Some weigh wedding rings. Some weigh dean's list certificate. Some weigh weights. Some weigh their children. At the end of the day, their weight has nothing to do with who they are, and the weight of what matters to them has everything to do with what they've accomplished in life.

My daughter and I watched it and talked about what was important in the commercial. And I also made my son watch it, too.

Here's the Youtube link to this awesome commercialWhat do you Weigh?

The commercial ends with a powerful statement. 


If you're going to weigh something, weigh what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment